We are all responsible for safeguarding and making appropriate use of Group assets with which we are entrusted
Acting in our company‘s best interests
We must ensure Group assets are not damaged, misused, misappropriated or wasted and must report their abuse or misappropriation by others.
Group assets include physical and intellectual property, funds, time, proprietary information, corporate opportunity, equipment and facilities.
Guarding against theft and misuse of funds
We must protect Group funds and safeguard them against misuse, fraud and theft. Our claims for expenses, vouchers, bills and invoices must be accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
'Group funds' means cash or cash equivalent belonging to a Group company, including money advanced to us and company credit cards we hold.
Fraud or theft by employees could result in their dismissal and prosecution.
Devoting sufficient time to our work
We are all expected to devote sufficient time to our work to fulfil our responsibilities.
Whilst at work, we are expected to be fully engaged and not to undertake personal activities beyond a modest level that does not interfere with our job.
Protecting our brands and innovations
We must protect all intellectual property owned within the Group.
Intellectual property includes patents, copyrights, trade marks, design rights and other proprietary information.
Securing access to our assets
We must protect information that may be used to provide access to Group assets.
Always maintain the security of any information used to access company property and networks, including building access cards, ID, passwords and codes.
Respecting the assets of third parties
We must never knowingly:
- damage, misuse or misappropriate the physical assets of third parties
- infringe valid patents, trade marks, copyrights or other intellectual property in violation of third parties‘ rights
- perform unauthorised activities which adversely impact the performance of third parties' systems or resources
We should show the same respect to the physical and intellectual property of third parties that we expect them to show towards the Group‘s assets.
Using company equipment
We must not use company equipment or facilities for personal activities, other than as set out below and in line with company policy.
Limited, occasional or incidental personal use of company equipment and systems issued or made available to us is permitted, provided that it:
- is reasonable and does not interfere with the proper performance our job
- does not have an adverse impact on the performance of our systems
- is not for any illegal or improper purpose
Reasonable and brief personal phone, email and internet use is permitted. Improper uses include:
- communication which is derogatory, defamatory, sexist, racist, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive
- improperly disseminating copyrighted, licensed, or other proprietary materials
- transmitting chain letters, adverts or solicitations (unless authorised)
- visiting inappropriate internet sites
Who to talk to
Your line manager
Your local LEX Counsel
Head of Compliance: