Management Board Unplugged ｜ Podcast series
As we continue our transformation journey, we want to share our stories to showcase our ambition to lead a different future for our industry.
Our Management Board Unplugged podcast series - back for its second season - brings together our senior subject matter experts and Management Board members for an inspiring discussion. In each episode we focus on a particular area of the business, looking at how we drive transformation in that space, and the career opportunities that are created for our employees and future candidates.
Our latest episode focuses on BAT’s corporate venture unit, Btomorrow Ventures (BTV). This episode features a panel discussion including Management Board member Tadeu Marroco, Finance and Transformation Director, Dr Lisa Smith, BTV Managing Director and Lexy Prosszer, BTV Investment Principal. They explore the work that BTV has done over the past few years helping BAT on its transformational journey beyond nicotine and to create A Better Tomorrow™. The discussion is followed by Lukasz Garbowski, BTV Investment Director, interviewing Danny Lowe, Founder and CEO of Blockhead, about BTV’s recent investment into his company. The episode ends with a look back at our 2021 global pitch competition which was run in partnership with BTV. Peter Wozny, BTV Senior Legal Counsel, chats with winning team member Ryan Dewwanga about the UK£50,000 investment his team won with their business idea of environmentally friendly, edible straws made out of seaweed.
We hope the podcast series will also help dispel some of the myths around our business and showcase how BAT is a truly exciting, dynamic and inclusive place to work.
If you are interested in learning more about a career at BAT please visit our careers site .
A full-length audio podcast is available here:
You can also watch and listen to all previous episodes featuring:
- Zafar Khan, Group Operations Director, Kingsley Wheaton Chief Marketing Officer, Samanmali Chandrasiri, Group Head of HR Marketing and R&D, Tania Legkun, Marketing Director for our North-West Europe Area, Simon Brown, Group Head of Operations, Development and Sustainability, Anna Mitchell, Global Head of Business Communications.
- Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren Racing, Kingsley Wheaton, Chief Marketing Officer, Paul Lageweg, Director, New Categories and Elly Criticou, Category Director, Vapour & New Channels;
- David O’Reilly, Director Scientific Research, Carlista Moore Condé, Group Head of New Sciences and Ed Forsdike, Head of Global Vapour Innovation;
- Michael Dijanosic, Regional Director Asia Pacific and Middle East, and Guy Meldrum, President & CEO Reynolds American Inc;
- Luciano Comin, Regional Director, Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa and Johan Vandermeulen, Regional Director, Europe and North Africa;
- Marina Bellini, Director, Digital and Information and Paul Lageweg, Director, New Categories;
- Jerry Abelman, Director, Legal and External Affairs and General Counsel, and Kingsley Wheaton, Chief Marketing Officer;
- Tadeu Marroco, Finance and Transformation Director, and Alan Davy, then-Director, Operations;