News and stories12 May 2022
Strength through diversity and inclusion
Hae In Kim, BAT’s Director of Talent, Culture and Inclusion, discusses how we are strengthening our D&I culture in the latest issue of Human Resources Online magazine.
She told the leading HR industry publication: “Our ongoing commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture at BAT is underpinned by our ethos: to be bold, fast, empowered, responsible and diverse.
“By encouraging our people to value their differences and empowering them to bring these differences to work, we have created a more engaged and united workforce which has proved critical to our success over the past few years.”
In the interview, Hae In shared four steps she thinks companies should take to achieve similar success:
- Foster an inclusive culture
- Practice what you preach
- Drive ownership and accountability for diversity
- Invest in training and be open to what others can teach you.
Read Hae In’s in-depth interview to learn more about how D&I supports our transformation to build A Better Tomorrow™.
Our D&I ambitions
By 2025 we aim to:
- Increase the number of women in senior teams to 40% and women in management roles to 45%
- Achieve a 50% spread of nationalities within regional and functional leadership teams
- Double the number of cross-industry hires in senior teams.
Our progress was recognised at the end of 2021 when we became the first tobacco company to be achieve two industry-leading standards: the UK National Equality Standard (NES) and the Global Equality Standard (GES) for Diversity and Inclusion.