News and stories11 November 2019
BAT hailed for IWD best practice
BAT has been acknowledged as an example of best practice by the organisers of the annual International Women’s Day (IWD) celebrations.
We’ve been singled out for praise as one of the best private sector companies in terms of the “impact and innovation” around our International Women’s Day campaign in 2019 – this year themed #BalanceforBetter.
In a case study on the International Women’s Day website , BAT is praised for:
- Using our IWD toolkit to engage the global community
- Using the day to communicate our Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Engaging senior leaders in our IWD campaign
- Inviting inspiring speakers and gender experts to our offices around the world on the day
- Our IWD video which was shared both internally and externally (see below).
“It's an honour for us to be a part of such an amazing campaign and to be acknowledged by the International Women’s Day organisers”, says Eka Gvimradze, Global Diversity and Inclusion Manager. “The 2019 theme of #BalanceforBetter really struck a chord and was a great way of expressing our commitment to developing women in BAT and addressing the importance of gender diversity.”