Regional Director, Asia-Pacific and Middle East
I began my career with BAT Australia in 1999 and since then I have held a number of senior leadership roles across the Asia-Pacific region. I know this region well, having worked in a variety of markets here, both big and small, and have been on the Asia-Pacific regional leadership team since 2012. So, it was a huge honour to be appointed to the BAT Management Board in September 2020 in the role of Regional Director, Asia-Pacific and Middle East (APME).
A Better Tomorrow™
As we move forward with our transformation agenda, I know that the future we are creating will be remarkable and I know that all those involved will be proud of the legacy that we will be handing over to future generations.
In APME, we are excited about the role we are playing in helping build A Better Tomorrow™ and will strive to continue helping the Group deliver on this ambition.
My experience in the region means I know first-hand that there is a tremendous will to succeed among our people here, which will be crucial as we play our part in helping the Group deliver its purpose to build A Better Tomorrow™.
BAT has continually provided me with exciting and rewarding career opportunities and throughout my time with the company, it’s been an organisation that has inspired and supported me to learn and grow.
My experiences working across Asia-Pacific have provided me with significant fulfilment, both from a career perspective and personally. The APME region is a melting pot of fantastic cultures, inspiring people and immense opportunity. It never seems to sleep and always manages to surprise. I am excited to be leading our business in the region, which needs to remain at the forefront of the Group's transformation, continually striving to do things simpler and smarter, living our BAT ethos and delivering results.
As a leader I love to be stretched and I expect the best from myself and those around me. Positive energy, persistence and resilience are the cornerstones to my approach to leading teams, underpinned by having fun along the way.
Ever since I’ve been with BAT, it’s been a place that has continually evolved and transformed itself. What sets us apart is the people and the culture. Everyone is striving to deliver, and that boldness means you can’t help but be inspired by those around you.
Career to date
- 1999: Joins BAT Australia as a Management Trainee
- 2001: Experiences various roles in Operations, IT, running strategic programmes and projects
- 2007: Appointed General Manager, BAT Papua New Guinea
- 2010: Becomes General Manager, BAT Cambodia
- 2012: Promoted to Regional Manager, Asia-Pacific
- 2015: Appointed General Manager BATUKE & Regional Manager Asia-Pacific and Middle East
- 2020: Becomes Area Director for Asia-Pacific and Global Travel Retail
- 2020: Joins the Management Board as Regional Director, Asia-Pacific and Middle East
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Supply Chain Excellence Programme, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Senior Executive Management Programme, IMD Business School, Switzerland
I’m married with a teenage daughter. I love travelling the world and spending time outdoors hiking and swimming. When I get the time, I also love to turn my hand to cooking for family and friends.