Hae In Kim
Director, Talent, Culture and Inclusion
I joined BAT in 2008 as an HR Business partner in BAT Korea. I worked in several different countries and gained experience in end market, regional and global roles before I joined the Management Board in January 2019.
I was attracted to BAT by three things: the company’s exceptional commitment to operating responsibly and its high ethical standards; the international career opportunities in a truly global company; and the fact that people here are encouraged to take ownership of their career development as opposed to this being led solely by the company.
A Better Tomorrow™
It is important that we retain the unique strengths that have made us successful today, while evolving our organisation and culture to continue to be successful in the years to come. As we transform we will show how we are an agile organisation that can reach conclusions and make decisions swiftly and one where people who excel are empowered to succeed further.
Since then, and like many others at BAT, I’ve had a diverse and fulfilling career full of exciting challenges. I have grown both as an individual and a professional and have always been proud of being part of this company.
What makes BAT uniquely strong is our people, their passion and commitment to win in the market together and to build a stronger organisation for the future.
We also have an outstanding culture typified by a relentless pursuit of excellence – we are never content and always want to do better than today. We are also becoming more curious, humble and open to learning from others – as individuals and as an organisation – to gain the skillsets required to win in a rapidly changing industry.
I believe in leadership at all levels. The same role carried out by different individuals can create vastly different impacts, while the same team led by different leaders can deliver different performance.
Everyone at BAT has a role to play in the next chapter of our company: to do our best work every day and lead and help to drive change as a team.
Career to date
- 1998: Joins Hewitt Associates in Asia-Pacific as a Consultant in Compensation and Organisational Effectiveness
- 1999: Moves to PwC (IBM Business Consulting Services), in Seoul, Korea as a Consultant in Human Capital Solutions
- 2004: Becomes a Consultant in Corporate Pensions and Employee Benefits at Samsung Life Insurance in Seoul
- 2008: Joins BAT Korea as Corporate Services HR Business Partner
- 2009: Moves to BAT Indonesia as Head of Organisation Development and Talent
- 2011: Becomes Director, Human Resources for BAT Japan
- 2013: Returns to BAT Korea as Executive Director, Human Resources
- 2014: Appointed Regional Head of HR for BAT’s Asia-Pacific Region
- 2018: Moves to BAT’s head office in London as Group Head of Talent and Organisational Effectiveness
- 2019: Joins the Management Board as Director, Talent and Culture
- 2020: Role title changes to become Director, Talent, Culture and Inclusion.
- Non-Executive Director of Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited since April 2015
- BA in English Literature (Minor in Business Administration), Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Master of Commerce in Industrial Relations and Organisational Behaviour, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
I am married and live in London. I enjoy history – especially deep diving into historical events and figures that interest me. I like walking and my weekends are often spent strolling across London’s St. James and Hyde parks.