Director, Digital and Information
I became Director, Digital and Information in January 2019 after joining BAT in 2018 as Chief Information Officer. My goal in this new role on the Management Board is to drive the digital transformation of BAT in order to unlock commercial value across the entire organisation.
It is through technology that we can connect with people – our consumers, our customers, our employees; connecting information and data across the world – to generate insights and foresights that lead to performance-related results. And we can also connect with external partners to ensure we bring the latest new-to-world technologies to BAT.
It’s part of my role to help the business deliver results at a faster pace too – equipping BAT with state-of-the-art and fit-for-purpose technology across our entire global supply chain.
A Better Tomorrow™
What has really struck me in my time so far at BAT is the authenticity of the passion for our vision to build A Better Tomorrow™ – it is something we talk about every single day and it is very compelling. We’re transforming BAT today to power the future of our great organisation and that’s something I’m incredibly excited about.
The number one reason I joined BAT in 2018 is because its vision to build A Better Tomorrow™ is a truly unique opportunity that really inspires me. Having an ambition is one thing, but making it happen is another, and what attracted me to BAT was its track record as a company that gets thing done. That’s why I wanted to be part of this amazing journey.
I also love the diversity of the organisation – with different cultures, nationalities, experiences and opinions all working alongside each other to deeply understand our consumers and make us a stronger BAT.
As a business leader, I love to create opportunities for people to develop themselves and, in so doing, deliver value for our business. It’s about growing our company and growing our people. In the digital and information space, you need people who are curious, fascinated by business opportunities and looking for the art of the possible. They must also be willing and able to be taken out of their comfort zone because we live in a technology-driven consumer world and the pace of change is so rapid. For people like this, I cannot think of a more exciting place to be than BAT right now.
Career to date
- 1994: Joins PwC in Brazil as a management trainee, rising to become a senior consultant
- 2002: Joins AmBev in Brazil as a director responsible for Global Business Services (GBS)
- 2004: Moves to InBev Western Europe in Belgium and becomes Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Vice President (VP) of GBS
- 2009: Appointed Global CIO and GBS VP of Anheuser-Busch InBev, based in New York and then Mexico
- 2015: Returns to New York to become CIO of PepsiCo’s Latin American and global marketing CIO
- 2018: Joins BAT as CIO and Group Head of Digital Transformation
- 2019: Appointed to BAT’s Management Board as Director, Digital and Information
- BA in Economics, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
- Business Management degree, Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I am married with two young daughters and love spending time with my family and friends. I have been fortunate to live in many places around the world – Brazil, the U.S., Mexico, Belgium, Norway and Italy – and love travelling back to these countries and other places. I also enjoy running and listening to music (often at the same time) and dining out on Italian food.