General Terms and Conditions
Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this website or in relation to British American Tobacco should be made either by e-mailing using the Contact Us facility or be addressed to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco, Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.
The information contained in this website is intended to explain more about what British American Tobacco does and what it believes in. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that it is not calculated to lead directly or indirectly to you offering to buy or sell shares or American Depository Receipts in the companies mentioned, nor is it a recommendation (actual or implied) that you should do so. The information on this website does not constitute a solicitation or offer relating to any securities of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries.
Various matters may contain forward-looking statements regarding the performance and financial condition of British American Tobacco and its subsidiaries. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements because of various risks, uncertainties and other factors, such as changes in the taxation of tobacco products, developments in product liability litigation and changes in currency exchange rates. More detailed information concerning risks, uncertainties and factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are contained in the latest published British American Tobacco Annual Report and Accounts, a copy of which may be viewed in the Investor Relations section of this website.
British American Tobacco accepts no liability in relation to any delays or inaccuracies contained in the information regarding the share price of British American Tobacco p.l.c. which is published in the Investor Relations section of this website.
We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website.
1. Information about you
When you visit certain areas of our website we may ask you for information about yourself. We may need to know your name, address, and email address to provide you with information or to reply to your queries. We will not collect any personal information about you without your consent.
2. Our use of this information
From time to time we may share the information you give us with our affiliate companies, in particular with British American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited and British American Tobacco (Investments) Limited. Other than as required by law, or as set out in this privacy statement, we will not disclose information about you to any third party without your permission.
British American Tobacco will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us. Any contractors, agents or representatives of British American Tobacco who are required to have access to information which you have given to us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential. If you have given us information about yourself and would like copies of that information, or if you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information deleted from our records, then please contact the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco at Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG or e-mail us using the Contact Us section. We will supply, correct or delete information about you on our files as soon as practicable.
4. Internet Protocol addresses
In order to improve our services to website users, we may record your visit by noting your Internet Protocol (IP) address. From this, we are able to gather statistics on website use and the interests of our users. However, your IP address does not allow you to be personally identified by us.
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly British American Tobacco cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content, or the security of any activity carried out on such other sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked sites. Your use of such sites is at your sole risk.
1.This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. British American Tobacco has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct at the time of inclusion.
2. References on this website to British American Tobacco refer to that company when denoting opinion or matters relating to the ownership and operation of this website and, collectively or individually as the case may be, to Group operating companies when denoting business activity.
3. Except as expressly provided for on this website, British American Tobacco is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
4. All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in British American Tobacco and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these terms. You are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content. You may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by British American Tobacco .
5.You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the Obscene Publications Act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
6. British American Tobacco reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
7. British American Tobacco will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to this website who are under eighteen years of age. If British American Tobacco becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from British American Tobacco ’s records.
8.You hereby agree to indemnify British American Tobacco against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against British American Tobacco as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
10. This website is provided to you free of charge, and neither British American Tobacco nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud) or as required by law whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website.
11. These terms may be amended by British American Tobacco from time to time.
12. These terms and conditions and the content of this website are governed by English law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.