The terms “British American Tobacco”, “we”, “us”, “our” , “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide.
Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by British American Tobacco p.l.c.. Please read these terms and conditions of use ("conditions of use") carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these conditions of use. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use you should not access or view this website.
The conditions of use contain five sections, including this introduction. Other sections below provide a disclaimer relating specifically to financial services our online privacy statement, information about external links and general provisions.
The Financial Services disclaimer appears in these conditions of use which are accessible from every page of this website.
Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this website should be made either by using the Contact us facility or be addressed to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco, Globe House, 4 Temple Place London, WC2R 2PG.
The information contained in this website is intended to explain more about what British American Tobacco does and what it believes in.
For the avoidance of doubt, please note that it is not calculated to lead directly or indirectly to you offering to buy or sell shares or make other investments in the companies mentioned, nor is it a recommendation (actual or implied) that you should do so.
The information on this website does not constitute a solicitation or offer relating to any securities of British American Tobacco.
Various matters may contain forward-looking statements regarding the performance and financial condition of British American Tobacco. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements because of various risks, uncertainties and other factors, such as changes in the taxation of tobacco products, developments in product liability litigation and changes in currency exchange rates.
More detailed information concerning risks, uncertainties and factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are contained in the latest published Annual Report and Accounts of British American Tobacco, a copy of which may be viewed in the Investors section of this website.
British American Tobacco accepts no liability in relation to any delays or inaccuracies contained in the information regarding the share price of British American Tobacco p.l.c.
Online Privacy Statement
We respect your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This Online Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices, the way your information is collected online and how that information is used.
These cookies may be used by these third parties to:
- Provide investor tools embedded onto this website, for example, to provide share price graphs and data, and the facility for users to subscribe to email alerts of our financial events.
- Deliver rich media content, for example video/audio/imagery, requested by you covering results webcasts, interviews and media library.
- Support the use of website analytics tools designed to monitor user journeys in order to improve website services.
For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org .
We may use web beacons, which are transparent image files on web pages and are used to monitor your journey around British American Tobacco Group websites.
b) Information about you
When you visit our website we may ask you for information about yourself. We may need to know your name, address, email address and other information to provide you with information or to reply to your queries.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you and your use of our site through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use the information for statistical reporting and do not link it to any named individuals.
c) Sharing this information
British American Tobacco may share personal information in the following ways:
- From time to time your personal information may be transferred to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents or representatives of British American Tobacco for the purposes of system maintenance and support.
- British American Tobacco may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees and third parties on British American Tobacco property.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
d) Access to and accuracy of your information
British American Tobacco strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. If you would like copies of that information, or if you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information blocked or deleted from our records, then please contact the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco, Globe House, 4 Temple Place London, WC2R 2PG or e-mail us using the Contact us section of this website.
e) Keeping your personal information secure
British American Tobacco will take reasonable technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unlawful disclose of information you give us. Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who requires access to your information is also required to implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your information.
f) International data transfers
Information that we collect may be transferred across international borders for further processing, storage or use. Transfers may occur between members of the British American Tobacco Group including their affiliates, customers and suppliers.
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal data in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or where applicable be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal data.
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly British American Tobacco cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
If you choose to access external websites using links provided on this website or share content from this website using the embedded 'share' buttons for a number of popular social media tools, these websites may set a cookie. British American Tobacco does not have any control over the use of such cookies and you should refer to the terms and conditions of use of the particular third party website for further information.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. British American Tobacco has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct at the time of inclusion.
- Except as expressly provided for on this website, British American Tobacco is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
- All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in British American Tobacco and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these conditions of use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content; however, you are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use and you may make use of the embedded share button and Email a Friend functions to share parts of this website via the particular social media networks or by email (using the Email a Friend function) as applicable. Other than as stated in these conditions of use, you may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by British American Tobacco.
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- British American Tobacco reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- British American Tobacco will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to this website who are under eighteen years of age. If British American Tobacco becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from British American Tobacco’s records.
- You hereby agree to indemnify British American Tobacco against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against British American Tobacco as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these conditions of use.
- If you are in breach of these conditions of use British American Tobacco may suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, and neither British American Tobacco nor any other company in the British American Tobacco Group accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud) or as required by law whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website.
- The conditions of use may be amended by British American Tobacco from time to time.
- The conditions of use and the content of this website are governed by English law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.